We are closed for Thanksgiving.
We will reopen on Monday at 9:00 am. If you have an emergency MedVet Cincinnati and Care Center Dayton are seeing emergencies.
We are closed for the Labor Day Weekend
We will be closed on Friday and reopen on Tuesday. We hope everyone has a safe and happy last weekend of the summer.
End of Month Long Weekend
We will be closed July 29th and 30th. Normal hours will resume on Monday August 1st.
7/27/22 Phone Service
Our phone service is mostly repaired. There may still be some interruptions while we install new components.
7/11/22 Phone service
Spectrum is working on our phone service. We apologize for the inconvenience. If the phone is not working, we are still receiving emails and texts.
Upcoming July 4th Weekend 2022
We will be closed July 1-July 4. We will reopen on the fifth. We will be open the last weekend of June. If you have an emergency please contact your emergency clinic of choice by phone before heading to the emergency facility. At times the emergency clinics are overwhelmed and will be sending all but the most critical patients to a different location.
Have a safe and happy celebration. Please keep your pets indoors during fireworks and contact the office as early as possible if you think your pet will need medication to tolerate the loud bangs.
March, 17 2020
During this Coronavirus Pandemic we at Baker House Animal Hospital are committed to our patients’ health, as well as the health of their human caretakers. In order to help protect everyone’s health, we are taking the following precautions:
- All surfaces are being frequently disinfected. Hand sanitizer has been placed throughout the clinic.
- We are encouraging all clients to wait in their car. Please check-in from your cell phone from our parking lot and we will call you when your room is ready. If you don't have a cell phone please check-in at the desk then return to your car - we will come to get you when your room is ready.
- We are canceling all walk-in hours starting on Monday, March 16th, until further notice.
- All Vaccine for Life programs will have a sixty-day grace period instead of the standard thirty-day grace period until the health emergency has been lifted.
- If you are feeling ill, we request you reschedule your pets’ appointments.
- If your pet is having an emergency and you are ill, we are happy to come to the car to assist you and your pet.
- If you have health concerns and need to pick up medication for your pet, we are happy to have you pay by phone, and we can bring it to your car or mail the medication (there will be a small charge for postage).
- At this time, it is not believed that your pets are at risk from the Covid-19 virus. If this changes, we will let you know.
Please feel free to call if you have any concerns regarding your pets’ health. For human health questions about the Covid-19 virus contact your physician, the health department, or visit CDC.gov.
Shortage of Medical Supplies
Ohio is entering a period of shortages of masks, gloves, and other essential supplies. For this reason, we request if possible you reschedule your pets' elective surgeries. We do not know how long this shortage will be in effect, but we will tentatively schedule surgeries in May