March, 17 2020
During this Coronavirus Pandemic we at Baker House Animal Hospital are committed to our patients’ health, as well as the health of their human caretakers. In order to help protect everyone’s health, we are taking the following precautions:
- All surfaces are being frequently disinfected. Hand sanitizer has been placed throughout the clinic.
- We are encouraging all clients to wait in their car. Please check-in from your cell phone from our parking lot and we will call you when your room is ready. If you don't have a cell phone please check-in at the desk then return to your car - we will come to get you when your room is ready.
- We are canceling all walk-in hours starting on Monday, March 16th, until further notice.
- All Vaccine for Life programs will have a sixty-day grace period instead of the standard thirty-day grace period until the health emergency has been lifted.
- If you are feeling ill, we request you reschedule your pets’ appointments.
- If your pet is having an emergency and you are ill, we are happy to come to the car to assist you and your pet.
- If you have health concerns and need to pick up medication for your pet, we are happy to have you pay by phone, and we can bring it to your car or mail the medication (there will be a small charge for postage).
- At this time, it is not believed that your pets are at risk from the Covid-19 virus. If this changes, we will let you know.
Please feel free to call if you have any concerns regarding your pets’ health. For human health questions about the Covid-19 virus contact your physician, the health department, or visit CDC.gov.
Shortage of Medical Supplies
Ohio is entering a period of shortages of masks, gloves, and other essential supplies. For this reason, we request if possible you reschedule your pets' elective surgeries. We do not know how long this shortage will be in effect, but we will tentatively schedule surgeries in May